When someone is diagnosed with diabetes, it is necessary to look into ways to reduce the effects and heighten it. Diabetes is a condition that starts from the metabolism of the body and affects the whole system and health. Hence, it is important to look for ways to control and eliminate it.
The main way to keep diabetes under control is to shift to healthier diet types and include diabetic-safe foods alongside limited food quantities. Apart from food habits, other ways, such as several home remedies, natural cures, etc., can also improve diabetic health.
Today, we will talk about one such naturally found the medicine that can is commonly known to benefit diabetic individuals. We are going to discuss – Shilajit.
Have you heard about this magical, naturally occurring medicine before? Have you ever used it? Well, you might have several questions in your mind, such as …
- What is Shilajit?
- Is Shilajit good for diabetics?
- What are its nutrients?
- What are the benefits of Shilajit on the body?
- Are there any side effects of it?
If this is a completely new topic for you or just something you have heard about before, we will help you delve deeper into this.
So come on, let us get started!
What is Shilajit?
Well, nature is indeed full of wonders. It is the home to all basic beings and the beginning of all development. Similarly, nature is also home to many medicines and remedies.
The Shilajit is one such natural element with endless goodness and is known for its wonderful benefits on one’s health.
⭐ Check out this Flipbook with 30-Day Diabetic Meal Plan based on Foods from Each Indian State ⭐
(click on the ▶ arrow below to scroll the pages and 🔍 button to enlarge)
Shilajit is a natural medicine extracted from the rocky mountains of the Himalayas. It is a product of years of decomposition of various plants and animals in the Himalayan mountainous environment.
It forms with the help of breaking down the action of many microorganisms in the surroundings.
The end product is a dark, black, rocky substance rich in numerous nutrients and beneficial for the body in innumerable ways. It is a cure for many diseases and a source of potential energy and immunity.
It has been used in Indian and other traditional medicines for a long time. Its usage has continued over centuries and is still in practice. It is extracted and then processed into an accessible medicinal form and made available to patients worldwide.
Its usage has also been induced in the neurological fields of medicines. Shilajit has been extracted from various Himalayan regions, and these regional varieties also show variations in medicinal components. Thus, it can be used in many different treatments.
But is it also used to cure diabetes? Can it benefit ones with a diabetic health issue?
Let us find out!
Is Shilajit Good for Diabetics?
Shilajit is a common herbal supplement that is popularly known for its many benefits on diabetic conditions. Shilajit has been tested as a medicine and herbal remedy for diabetes.
Shilajit has been extensively used by many diabetic patients and has been significantly helpful. It can also be easily used as a supplement for long-term use.
It has many benefits on the body. We will get n greater details of these advantages as we move forward in this article.
Shilajit is recommended as a daily dose for diabetics. We will tell you how to use it properly and how much dosage is necessary to move further in this article.
The experiments and experiences with Shilajit for diabetics have been very effective and efficient. It has shown drastic assistance in reducing blood sugar levels.
Improper blood sugar levels in the body are what increases the severity of diabetic health levels. It is most crucial to keep the body’s blood sugar levels low and under control.
Daily dosages of Shilajit can also encourage the goodness of the regular diabetic medicines. It can improve the glucose-lowering properties of these medicines, thus improving their functioning.
Shilajit is enriched with many antioxidants. These are primary nutrients needed by the diabetic body. These components help in protecting the body internally.
Diabetic patients are more vulnerable to developing chronic ailments and other diseases due to free radicals’ internal affecting. Antioxidants assist in keeping the free radicals out of affecting the body too much.
Similarly, the many anti-inflammatory qualities of Shilajit are also helpful in keeping up the health even in diabetic conditions.
Moreover, it is also helpful in keeping the lipid profiles healthy and under healthy margins, as needed by diabetic patients.
Diabetes is an ailment that also leads to neurological problems. Shilajit has special compounds that are especially beneficial in improving the neural functions in the body.
To know better about this herbal medicine, let us look at its nutrients and other good components.
What are the nutrients found in Shilajit?
Shilajit is a popular Ayurvedic medicine and is used for its properties of health enhancement. It is known to reverse the body back to a balanced state that restores health and eliminates any imbalance that leads to discomfort or harm.
These facilities provided by this herbal medicine are possible due to its nutritional profile and compositions.
Some of the very major nutrients that can be obtained from Shilajit are:
- Fulvic acid
- Folic acid
- Vitamins – E, B, and C
These are among the essential micronutrients that have benefitting effects on health.
The good inclusion and higher amounts of these various nutritional elements in the body can improve many bodily functions, such as – blood circulation, blood clotting, blood pressure maintenance, bone health, muscle health, collagen formation, skin wellness, etc.
There are plenty of advantages that one can gain from the inclusion of Shilajit powders in the body. We will list them down in the coming sections.
But to make sure that these benefits reach you, you have to be sure to include them in the right ways.
How to use Shilajit for diabetes control?
Well, we have already cleared that Shilajit is extracted from the various regions in the Himalayas.
This is then collected, processed, and manufactured according to medicinal needs. This is made available in a powdered form and is taken regularly for best use.
Well, this is how it is used for the best results:
- Shilajit powder is often easily available in medicinal and Ayurvedic stores. The Shilajit powder is usually had with lukewarm water or milk. This is mixed and taken as a medicinal drink.
- It is advised to take Shilajit in regular periods. Depending on the necessity, Shilajit can also be taken twice or even three times a day. This is to be taken with care and consideration. You must always refer to your medical experts and diabetic doctors to make sure that you take the right amounts of it.
- The advised amount of Shilajit for diabetic patients is around 300 to 500 grams daily. It is an amount that can provide the body with good necessary nutrients that can keep the health satisfied and immunity charged.
- This is a health supplement, and thus special attention needs to be given to its dosage and intake. For best results, it is best to stick to safe amounts, and no overdo it.
Now that you know what it is, whether it is safe or not, including it in your daily diabetic diets, etc., it is time to move on to know its advantages on the body.
What are the benefits of Shilajit for diabetics?
Now, it is time to know myriad different reasons why this Shilajit is good for you. Several reasons will convince you to add this magical supplement to your diabetic diets today.
Let us have a look:
- Shilajit promotes better weight loss and management. It is a supplement that increases the effect of exercising and helps to reap the higher benefit. This, in turn, also assists in keeping the bodyweight healthy and under normal levels.
- It is filled with iron and, therefore, helps to prevent blood circulation-related diseases. It is very helpful in keeping away anemia.
- It is good for heart patients with high blood pressure. The intake of Shilajit leads to a lowering of blood pressure in the body.
- It also is an energy enhancer. It provides and encourages better energy formation in the body, which leads to the overall development and functioning of the body.
- It is also known for increasing endurance and immunity power. These are the main factors to have a healthy body and avoid diseases.
- The improved collagen synthesis due to the regular inclusion of Shilajit in the diet helps to keep the joints healthy. This also encourages lesser injuries.
- It is also beneficial for men as it increases testosterone levels. It is also known to help with sperm count increase.
- Shilajit is also highly used to treat cognitive disorders such as Alzheimer’s. The effectiveness of Shilajit in improving mental functioning has been tested in the neurological sciences.
Side Effects of Shilajit:
- As we already mentioned, Shilajit lowers blood pressure. Anyone with low or regular blood pressure must be careful in its usage.
- It is high in iron. Hence, anyone with Hemochromatosis (excess iron in the blood) must not have Shilajit.
- It can also affect the hormones in the body and create imbalance leading to some complications.
Thus, make sure you are aware of your body’s needs and limits.