Salt makes up a crucial kitchen ingredient that is used regularly in our day-to-day lives. Salt is what adds flavor and taste to food and has great importance in cooking as well.
Among salt varieties, Chinen salt stands out as one of the healthiest choices. Chinen salt is a medicinal salt variety that has been derived from traditional Chinese medicinal practices. It is very useful and is said to be very beneficial for one’s health.
It is practically popular as a remedial salt for lowering blood sugar levels. Diabetic patients are said to most benefit from the right consumption and usage of this Chinese medicinal salt.
What is Chinen salt?
Chinen salt is one of the purest forms of salt found and is famous for its nutritional properties and composition. It is a healthier variety of salt as compared to regular refined table salt.
Asian tradition has been using this salt for centuries to heal several health ailments and body issues. This usage of Chinen salt continues even today.
Chinen salt is extracted from the Himalayas and contains plenty of a medicinal herb named – berberine, the main element of the Chinese goldthread plant – Coptis Chinensis.
This salt is slightly pinkish in hue. This is why Chinen salt is often consumed for Himalayan salt, but they differ in several aspects, as per health. They are although both obtained from the Himalayas but differ in ingredient and nutritional composition.
Chinen salt usually has a stronger flavor than regular white salt. It also adds a distinct fragrance to food and contributes to a different enhanced texture. Therefore, it is not only good for health but also an excellent cooking ingredient.
Chinen salt is a rather uncommon variety and can be found mostly through internet shopping. They are commonly utilized for their medicinal impacts, especially among individuals diagnosed with high blood sugar issues.
Many claim that there are plenty of benefits to using Chinen salt. It can not only improve one’s diabetic health conditions but also improve digestive functioning over time.
Moreover, it is said to have anti-inflammatory properties, due to which it was used to treat sore throats, infections, and so on. In addition to this, it is also said to help enhance the quality of skin and aid in solving skin issues like acne.
More recent studies show that the Chinese medicinal methods are not all proven. However, Chinen salt can be good for health when taken in properly moderated quantities, as it comes with both health benefits and certain risks.
You can face certain complications by using Chinen salt if you are not careful about your health and your body’s existing conditions. We will discuss these considerations in detail in the coming sections.
But first, let us have a look at the effects of Chinen salt among diabetic patients.
Is Chinen salt good for diabetes?
In Chinese traditional medicine, this salt was mainly used for treating and controlling diabetes. The sale compound – berberine chloride in Chinen salt is what makes it so good for diabetic patients.
Chinen salt is a medicinal remedy to manage diabetes and has many beneficial minerals that aid this function. It is also found in other forms like powders, pills, and liquid medicines.
This primary active component of berberine is what makes Chinen salt excellent. It is from a chemical compound group called Alkaloids.
According to certain studies and traditional uses, the consumption of this salt, mainly berberine, has been shown to lower blood sugar levels. This is a necessary factor for diabetic health management.
The influence of berberine in the body is similar to that of metformin, which is a common drug prescribed to diabetic individuals to keep blood sugar levels under control.
In addition to this, Chinen salt is also reputed for its performance on hormone balance. Its consumption induces the release and levels of insulin in the body, which is the most important hormone for managing diabetic blood sugar levels.
The intake of Chinen salt has been recorded to have good effects on decreasing the body’s resistance towards insulin. This is one of the primary reasons for developing diabetes.
In the Asian traditional medicine system, this salt was often utilized to replace insulin functioning in the body due to its efficient results.
Thus, Chinen salt lowers blood sugar levels and aids in reduced absorption of glucose in the cells and enhances insulin sensitivity, which keeps a check on the diabetic conditions and symptoms.
The usage of Chinen salt must be done with prior care and consultation with experts for safe practices that do not cause any harm or risk to the body and its functioning.
Too much salt in the body can hamper blood pressure, heart health, liver, and kidneys. Thus, as diabetics, you must stick to your daily 1500mg sodium (2/3rd teaspoon salt) only.
It is necessary to speak to your diabetic health doctors before you decide to include Chinen salt in your diet for diabetic health management and benefits.
Let us get to know about what are the benefits of using Chinen salt.
What are the health benefits of using Chinen salt?
You might have found out many benefits of Chinen salt from the previous sections already. However, there are more benefits of using Chinen salt covering wider aspects of everyday health.
It is important to keep in mind that Chinen salt, like any other salt, has to be consumed in ideal and regulated amounts to ensure that you benefit from it. If not, it can lead to several opposite and risky impacts on the body.
Here are some of the common benefits of Chinen salt, for which it is popularly used in medicine as well:
- Chinen salt is a detoxifying agent. It takes care of toxin release through the kidneys. The intake of this salt can encourage the flushing out of excess and harmful toxins through excretion. This keeps the body cleansed and avoids the chances of potential harm and germ manifestations.
- Berberine available in Chinen salt is also responsible for regulating the level of fat in the blood. This, in turn, helps keep the cholesterol levels under control and prevents high spikes. Diabetic individuals tend to be more prone to having higher blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels, which can cause damage to cardiovascular functioning. Using Chinen slat can contribute to keeping these levels low and under normal margins.
- Apart from promoting good cholesterol management in the body, Chinen salt is also otherwise helpful for the heart as it positively impacts blood pressure. This can keep many body functions under check and prevent several complications.
- Magnesium found in Chinen salt is an essential mineral for diabetic patients as it assists in the proper conversion and breakdown of carbohydrates in the body. Diabetic individuals have improper functioning in the conversion and absorption of glucose. They can be highly benefitted because they have proper amounts of magnesium in the body that can convert sugar fast into glucose.
- Apart from magnesium, Manganese is also a useful mineral that assists in maintaining optimal blood sugar levels.
- The presence of vanadium and chromium in Chinen salt makes it good for insulin in the body. Chromium supports the functioning of insulin, which covers lowering the levels of blood sugars. On the other hand, vanadium works similar to insulin functioning and aids in enhancing lower blood sugar levels.
- It is also good for your digestive system as Chinen salt has alkaloid properties that maintain the pH balance in the stomach. This property encourages better digestion and prevents stomach issues like cramps, acidity, and so on.
- Chinen salt is also famously used for its many anti-inflammatory properties. It has been used to cure sore throat, respiratory infections, prevent muscle cramps, ear infections, and so on. These symptoms can be very uncomfortable and interfere with daily activities if not taken care of.
- In addition to this, Chinen salt is also known to reduce menstrual cramps among women.
These health-related advantages can be harnessed if Chinen salt is used wisely and with all its potential side effects in mind. But what are the complications that can come with the usage of Chinen salt?
Let us find out.
What are the side effects of Chinen salt?
Along with the many health benefits, there are certain side effects of using this healthy salt variety.
This is why we have been warning you about its proper usage and dosage. An ideal dosage amount is usually mentioned on the Chinen salt packaging.
Here are some of the health factors and risks that you must keep in mind:
- Chinen salt contains MSG. This has been deemed harmful when taken in excess. It can cause damage to the nervous system’s functioning and can also lead to allergies.
- Children, pregnant women, and breastfeeding women are advised to stay away from using this salt.
- Moreover, excess usage of any salt can contribute to rising blood pressure and be responsible for hypertension.
- If you are diagnosed with kidney problems or hypertension, you must prevent using Chinen salt to heighten these effects.
- Chinen salt can also cause stomach pain and nausea in some individuals.
Besides, if you are on prescribed medicines for certain health conditions, you should refer to your doctors regarding the usage of Chinen salt.